emuNAND - neek2o¶
emuNAND is the term used for a few different consoles, including (but not limited to): Wii, 3DS / 3DSXL / 2DS / new 3DS / new 3DSXL / new 2DS, WiiU, and Switch.
emuNAND is the way of redirecting the internal storage of a console over to a different storage medium. In the case of the Wii, it can be to either to an SD card or USB hard drive. The main use of emuNAND for the Wii is to have your channels (WAD files) installed on to your storage device of choice, instead of limiting you to the 500MB of internal storage on your console.
The main benefit of using emuNAND over the SD card menu on the Wii is that it is not tied to the console. You can take your storage medium and put it in to another homebrew enabled console and boot in it. All of your saves (from WiiWare and Virtual Console games) are also kept within the emuNAND environment.
Building the emuNAND¶
- Download and launch ModMii.
- If you get an error when launching
modmii.exe, look in the
support/sub-folder and launch
I Agreeand press enter.
Oand press enter to enter the options screen. - Find the
n2oline. It should display (Enabled) at the end of the line. If not, type
n2othen enter. - Find the
SSDline. It should display (Disabled) at the end of the line. If not, type
SSDthen enter. - Press
Sand then enter to save settings, then
Mand press enter to go back to the main screen
Sand enter to go to sneek creation menu.
- If you’ve Type
3and enter to both set up / install SNEEK as well as create your emulated NAND.
1and enter to choose the newest version of neek2o.
Sand enter. We just need to create it for SD use, as USB Loader GX doesn’t need disc emulation.
- When it asks you where to save the files, don’t enter anything, just press enter and it will be saved to the
COPY_TO_USBfolders in the ModMii folder.
- Enter in the correct region code for your system, and press enter. If you don’t select the same region, you will need to either have a different Wiimote set up for the emuNAND or sync up your Wiimote every time.
- Enter in
4.3and press enter. There is really no reason to go with
- It is your choice on if you’d like to install
Post Loaderon to your emuNAND.
cIOS249is not needed right now.
Priiloadercan cause it to not load.
WiiFlowForwarder Channel is not needed.
- Enter the serial number for your Wii (it’s on the bottom of the unit).
Nand enter. Menu themes aren’t for game loaders.
Nand enter. You don’t need any of the normally built in channels.
- Add any WAD files that you’d like installed to the
<modmii>\temp\WADfolder. They will install during the build step.
Yand enter to start the build process.
- Copy the files
COPY_TO_SDon to your SD card.
Setting up your new emuNAND in USB Loader GX¶
- WIP (next up)